What is outplacement support?
Outplacement is a support service typically offered by organisations to employees exiting the business, usually as a result of redundancy, organisational change, restructure, or a settlement agreement. Outplacement services are often outsourced to organisations that are focused on working with the employee to support their transition into a new role or career. Services can include: career guidance and coaching; job search strategies; self-marketing; CV review and rewriting; interview and selection techniques.
Outplacement support is typically paid for by the employer as a gesture of goodwill in circumstances that are usually difficult. However, it can also be self-funded. It is delivered through online coaching or workshops.
Our standard Outplacement Support package consists of 3 days x 3 hours support (up to 9 hours support in total), including a one-to-one coaching session, action plan development and implementation guidance, support with CV writing and social media profile enhancement, interview tips and psychometric tests.
The package can be tailored to meet your needs, including, as an example, some or all of the following:
- Initial assessment
- CV critique, re-writing, and updating
- Identifying sources of future employment, both internal and external
- Personality profiles and feedback
- Preparation and practice for interviews and assessments
- Counselling support to help the employee come to terms with change
- Support for employees who wish to make other life changes such as setting up a business, relocating, or retirement.